Research and Testing Center (RTC)
Established in 1966, the IMT Research and Testing Center is a hub of experts from various industries working in multidisciplinary groups, and focuses on applied research and testing, providing consultancy services and developing technology to solve industry problems.
The Research Center has developed more than 1,500 successful projects to hundreds of customers.
Located at the 130,000-square-meter São Caetano do Sul campus, the Research Center interacts with the University Center, where more than 100 labs and pilot facilities are available.
The RTC is organized in five different Divisions:
- applied technological research;
- products and process development;
- testing, analysis, expert reports and certification;
- projects, consultancy, advice and planning;
- specialized training.
In the following disciplines:
- Food, Biochemistry
- Automation, Electronics, Microwave and Telecommunications
- Building and Equipment Certifications
- Mechanical, Metallography, Metrology
- Motors, Vehicles
- Advanced manufacturing
- Chemicals, Paints, Varnishes
The Research and Testing Center is run by qualified professionals with extensive experience in different disciplines. The Center provides the IMT students with the unique opportunity to participate in vocational internships.
AWARDS AND ACCREDITATION
- More than 80 tests and calibrations accredited by the CGRE;
- 17 research lines accredited by the ANP (Brazilian National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels);
- 1 ABNT (Brazilian Association of Technical Standards) product certification
- Alliance Partner certification by National Instruments